When you think of porta potties, chances are you aren’t thinking about environmental friendliness, but porta potties are actually a lot more eco-friendly than people realize. In fact, there are a lot of ways in which porta potties are good for the environment. To learn more about how a portal potty in Chattanooga, TN is eco-friendly, keep reading.
Environmental benefits of porta potties
There are lots of environmental benefits of porta potties. If you’re curious about porta potties and the environment in Chattanooga, TN, here are some of the most significant environmental benefits of porta potties:
- Less water usage: One of the biggest environmental benefits of porta potties is that they use less water than regular toilets. Since portable toilets don’t have to be flushed, they save millions of gallons of water a day across the country. All it takes is 20 gallons of water for hundreds of porta potty uses over the course of a month. In contrast, most toilets use 1.5 gallons of water for every flush.
- Preservation of clean water: Another environmental benefit of porta potties is that they can help protect groundwater from contamination. When waste is disposed of in sewer systems and waste disposal pipes, there’s a risk of leaks and contamination of nearby streams, rivers and other water sources. Porta potties contain potentially toxic waste and keep it from contaminating groundwater.
- Safe waste treatment: Porta potties contain waste and reduce odors using chemicals that are safe and sanitary. These chemicals protect people from unpleasant odors and contamination while minimizing the negative effects of waste disposal on the environment. Waste containment using these chemicals also offers protection for nearby wildlife and plants that are susceptible to harm.
- Public health benefits: Access to safe, sanitary restroom facilities is essential for everyone. Whether you’re planning an event or overseeing a worksite, it’s crucial to make sure your attendees or workers have access to a porta potty that’s eco-friendly in Chattanooga, TN. By providing safe restroom facilities, event organizers and worksite managers can promote positive public health outcomes and minimize the spread of germs and bacteria.
- Reduced insect problems: Insects can cause a lot of problems, ranging from irritating stings to serious disease transmission. While insects don’t necessarily pose an environmental risk, they can create a dangerous environment for people. Porta potties are designed to contain and minimize odors associated with waste that might otherwise attract insects and other pests. This offers a lot of benefits for people and property that might otherwise be at risk of harm from insects.
Eco-friendly portable toilets in Chattanooga, TN
Find out more about porta potties and their effect on the environment in Chattanooga, TN by reaching out to Pit Stop Portables. Since 1964, we’ve been dedicated to providing the highest quality porta potty rental options available for events and worksites throughout the area. Our team will provide you with all the information you need about porta potty rentals. Call today to learn more about what we have to offer and get started with a consultation and quote!
Categorised in: porta potty