Every industry is focused more on sustainability than ever before, and that includes the portable toilet industry. You’ll find a wide range of portable sanitation products that meet federal standards for sustainability.
Here are just a few ways a porta potty can be beneficial for the environment in Chattanooga, TN:
- Water conservation: Portable toilets are eco friendly in part because they conserve a lot of water. According to research by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the average American flushes more water down the toilet every day than they use for any other activity. Portable toilets use less water than what would be used in a standard toilet. In fact, on an everyday basis in the United States, portable toilets save more than 125 million gallons of water, because there’s no flushing and the waste gets disposed without using water.
- Protection from toxic waste: Portable toilets do not destroy nearby landscaping. They prevent people from urinating on trees or bushes, which can poison plant life due to the excess salts and other chemicals.
- Protection for waterways: Portable toilets prevent human waste from spreading through drains and streams, where they could then poison other bodies of water and harm various wildlife and plant life. Portable toilets ensure the waste is properly contained before it gets sent off for treatment, so you don’t have to worry about the waste’s effects on the natural environment surrounding you.
- Reduced disease in wildlife: Human waste, when it gets into the environment, can be extremely toxic to wildlife. It can spread throughout the environment in subtle ways, beyond just consumption through water sources. It can be spread via human feet, on animal hooves or paws or on the wings of insects. Portable toilets at campsites or construction sites help to keep natural body functions contained and to avoid spread via these sources that could otherwise result in diseases for wildlife.
- Reduced insect problems: By using portable toilets to keep human waste contained, it helps to prevent problems with insects that might otherwise be drawn to that waste. Flies are commonly attracted to human waste, and there is also the possibility that parasites that pass through a person’s body could end up transferring from waste into the soil without proper containment. This could allow infection of new victims and damage to the environment. Keeping the waste contained in a portable toilet makes for fewer potential problems with insects.
These are just a few examples of some of the primary environmental benefits associated with the use of portable toilets at construction sites, campgrounds, event grounds and more. If you’re interested in learning more about how using porta potties can benefit the environment and your Chattanooga, TN property and how much water you stand to conserve with their usage, we encourage you to contact Pit Stop Portables today to discuss porta potty rentals. We are eager to talk you through our selection of available portable toilets and restroom trailers for a wide range of uses, and to answer any questions you have about our services.
Categorised in: porta potty