Nobody has ever said planning an event is easy. Event planners have to think of every little detail, from the food menu all the way to where attendees will park. One of the biggest things that can’t get overlooked for outdoor events is the porta potties.
Bringing in too few porta potties leads to long lines and unhappy guests. Though you’d rather have more porta potties than less, renting too many units is a waste of money. The good news is that we’re here to help. This post will teach you how to figure out the correct number of portable toilets for your event in Chattanooga, TN:
- Guest list: The first thing to consider is the number of guests coming to your event. Generally, experts recommend bringing in one portable toilet for every 50 guests. So, if you’re expecting 100 guests, you’ll need two porta potties. As we’ll see below, however, this is not a hard and fast rule—there are many other things to consider.
- Demographics: Along with the number of attendees, you’ll need to consider who’s going to be at the party. Assuming your party will have a large number of women, you might want to consider bringing in one or two extra portable toilets to accommodate your female guests. If you know you’re going to have guests in wheelchairs, be sure to add at least one ADA-accessible unit to the number of porta potties for your event in Chattanooga, TN.
- Event length: The longer the event, the more portable toilets you’ll need. Party planners should assume that guests will need to use the restroom at least once every three to four hours. A smaller gathering should be fine with one or two extra porta potties, but longer events will need more.
- Alcohol served: If beer, wine or liquor will be served at the party, you’ll need to increase the number of portable toilets for your event in Chattanooga, TN. Alcoholic beverages make people urinate 30 to 40 percent more frequently, so the porta potties will be in high demand.
- Permanent facilities: If your event location has some permanent bathrooms available inside, you can probably reduce your porta potty count by one or two units. However, just make sure the inside bathrooms aren’t too far away. Guests typically don’t like walking too far to use the bathroom, so they’re more likely to use the porta potties if they’re more convenient.
- Handwashing stations: Finally, don’t forget to bring in some handwashing stations! Keeping our hands clean is more important than ever, especially if food and beverages will be served at the event.
Rent your porta potties from Pit Stop Portables!
Regardless of the number of porta potties you need for your event in Chattanooga, TN, be sure to get them from Pit Stop Portables. We have a wide selection of porta potties, from luxury trailers to ADA-accessible units. Additionally, we can service porta potties for those hosting multi-day events. Give us a call today to see what we can do for you.
Categorised in: porta potty