Today, everyone needs to do their part to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Employees of essential business are taking precautions when working with customers or handling products, and citizens now wear masks when out in public. But we mustn’t forget those companies that are always in the business of cleanliness, such as portable toilet rental companies.
When it comes to porta potties, the motto is always “the cleaner, the better.” But now more than ever before, portable toilet rental companies are extremely concerned about customer safety and product cleanliness. COVID-19 continues to spread, which is why these types of companies are making sure that portable handwashing stations and hand sanitizer stands are readily available to customers.
In short, we all must disinfect to protect. Here are some preventative measures many rental companies are taking to ensure safe porta potty use in Chattanooga, TN during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Fighting against COVID-19
You may be aware of the measures that agencies in charge of public restroom facilities and private establishments are taking during this time, but let’s not forget to acknowledge the efforts of porta potty rental companies. Here’s how many are fighting COVID-19:
- All portable restroom units and handwashing stations are sanitized using disinfectant cleaners approved for coronavirus before and after every rental.
- If the rental company is not already providing hand sanitizer and/or handwashing stations with soap and paper towels at job sites, they should be now.
- Porta potty technicians are provided specialized protective equipment at public sites and for toilet/sink maintenance.
- Like everyone else in the country, porta potty rental companies are practicing self-isolation and social distancing as much as possible.
Following health department guidelines and recommendations
All portable toilets and sinks must be sanitized before rentals are delivered, while they are in use and upon pickup. Sanitation services are needed to decrease the spread of COVID-19, which includes adding hand sanitizer stands and implementing effective disinfecting methods. Below are guidelines recommended by public health officials:
- Enhanced sanitation procedures: Portable restrooms are to be cleaned with disinfectants during regular sanitation services (before and after events), with a focus on toilet seats, toilet handles, door locks and door handles.
- Hand cleaning stations: Handwashing stations and hand sanitizer stands should be delivered and picked up by technicians wearing protective gear. For everyone’s safety, consider posting notes for users to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizers don’t eliminate all types of germs—encourage handwashing station rentals along with porta potty reservations.
- CDC safety guidelines: Most people in the portable toilet business are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. The CDC has a wealth of information on the virus, including measures to take to avoid the risk of infection.
From construction site bathroom needs to concert porta potty use in Chattanooga, TN during the coronavirus pandemic, you can rest assured that every single rental unit from Pit Stop Portables has been thoroughly sanitized. Call us today to schedule a reservation!
Categorised in: portable sanitation