If you have a porta potty at your gathering, community festival or construction site, you’re likely thankful for the ease and convenience it provides you. Rather than having to clean bathrooms yourself, or refer guests and employees to a location offsite, you can instead simply rent out a porta potty and let your guests do their thing.
However, even the best porta potties can still encounter some trouble. If your portable bathroom rental in Chattanooga, TN ends up being tipped over by accident, it could spill waste and chemicals out over the ground and grass. This might pose a health hazard, and is almost certain to kill any surrounding plant life.
Whether you’re renting a typical, standard-size portable bathroom for your construction site or are investing in a luxury porta potty in Chattanooga, TN for your summer music event, vandals may attempt to tip your porta potty over, or strong winds could send the portable bathroom flying.
It’s important to know how to deal with a tipped portable bathroom if this occurs to you. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Prevent tipping: The best way to deal with a tipped porta potty is to prevent it from tipping over in the first place. Ensure that the portable restroom is thoroughly anchored using ties and cables. Ask your rental company about the best way to secure the bathroom given the specifics of your site.
- Call the rental company: The first thing you should do when a porta potty tips over is call your rental company. They likely have a list of recommended actions that they’ll want you to take. They’ll probably also want to come and pick up the tipped unit for cleaning. From this point forward, do what the company suggests.
- Stand it back up: While you’re waiting for further instructions from the porta potty rental company, try to stand it back up. Make sure you’re wearing gloves and that you don’t have any exposed skin—contact with porta potty waste could cause serious health problems, ranging from rashes to infections and respiratory conditions.
- Hose out the inside: If your rental company asks you to, hose out the inside of the porta potty. It’s important to prevent residue from the tank from drying onto the walls of the unit.
- Disinfect the surroundings: Use a plant-safe disinfectant to clean the surrounding area as much as possible. Chances are, your porta potty rental company has a cleaner that they recommend using in these instances. You may want to consider purchasing a safe, bacteria-based biological cleaner to minimize the impact on surrounding grass.
Since 1964, Pit Stop Portables has been the premier source of portable bathroom rentals in Chattanooga, TN. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality restroom rental options, including luxury porta potties in Chattanooga, TN. We’re committed to helping our clients keep their construction sites, community gatherings, picnics and concerts safer and cleaner. To learn more about our wide range of available rentals and included services, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: porta potty