In most cases, big home improvement, remodeling and other construction projects will produce loads of large debris. It could be chunks of drywall and concrete from a house demolition, old roofing materials left behind after a complete commercial roof replacement or dead tree stumps and foliage dug up to make way for landscaping. No matter your type of project, an affordable dumpster rental can make garbage collection a breeze, but you want to pick the best garbage bin rental for your project’s needs.
Unless you’re in construction or another similar industry, chances are you don’t rent dumpsters frequently. Need some helpful information as you’re getting started? Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning for garbage container rental in Chattanooga, TN:
- You will need a spot for it: Look around your property and choose a place to put your dumpster. This spot needs to be away from low trees, overhanging wires and other obstructions that will hinder safe drop-off and pickup of the container. Most dumpster rental companies suggest allowing at least 22 feet of open space above the bin. A complicated delivery and pickup process may require more of the provider’s time, which can add extra costs to your bill. Also, be sure to leave enough space for you to access your property and remove debris.
- Inquire about street placement: If the only good place to put your dumpster is on the street, be sure to look up the laws before you do so. Contact your local government or county officials to find out whether you need a temporary permit (and how long it lasts) to have a dumpster on the street by your house.
- Dumpsters come in different sizes: You don’t want to rent a dumpster that’s too small, but renting one that’s too big is a waste of money. Another thing to consider is the weight of the debris you’re tossing out. Materials like carpet, wood, drywall and roofing shingles are lighter than bricks, concrete, rock and dirt. Figure out the type of debris you’ll be throwing away, then talk to the dumpster rental company to determine the right size container for your needs.
- Get an estimate: Before deciding on a specific garbage container rental in Chattanooga, TN, contact the rental company for an accurate cost estimate. When you call, let them know how long you will need the rental and the type of garbage you intend to throw away. Ask how much weight their bins can safely hold, what materials are not allowed in the dumpster and what size container they’d recommend for your project.
- Drop-off and pickup efficiency: Reliable dumpster rental companies deliver and pick up their garbage containers on time. They won’t make you wait well beyond your requested pickup date and time, which is good since you don’t want a full dumpster in your yard or sitting on the street too long.
Pit Stop Portables can offer you an affordable garbage container rental in Chattanooga, TN for your next home project. Call us today for more information!
Categorised in: portable sanitation