Warm weather has arrived, which means planning committees are hard at work preparing for outdoor events. Music festivals, spring carnivals, weddings and more can all benefit from pre-planning, including setting up tents and tables, booking caterers and contacting vendors. But you mustn’t forget one of the most important things—portable toilets!
Outdoor restroom accommodations are very necessary. Here are six tips for planning porta potty rentals for your next outdoor event in Chattanooga, TN:
- Get a headcount: If you’ve ever been to a place without enough restrooms available, you know how frustrating this situation is. The worst is when you’re attending an outdoor event and it’s obvious the coordinators misjudged the bathroom situation. The average minimum requirement for portable restrooms is one toilet per 100 people for every four hours. More hours? More people? You’ll need more toilets! Before reserving porta potties, do a headcount and round up to be safe.
- Know the ratio of men versus women: The line for women’s restrooms at events are almost always longer than the men’s. The movies got that stereotype right! When planning an outdoor event, take a good look at your guests list. If there are more women than men listed, assume the need for extra toilets. If the event is likely to have more women in attendance—a bridal shower, women’s retreat, engagement parties or baby shower, for example—plan for more porta potties.
- Keep alcohol in mind: Whenever alcohol is a part of an event, the need for the bathroom will be greater. Calculating the number of portable toilets to rent for events serving alcohol goes as follows: Plan on having at least three porta potties for every 100 guests for events lasting more than four hours.
- Reserve a variety of rentals: Make sure you rent the right type of portable toilet for your event. Get a mix of individual units, handicap-accessible units and hand washing stations for average events. Or, portable luxury trailers complete with accommodations for special events. These trailers offer convenience and privacy, even multiple units per trailer, which makes this a great option for outdoor events like weddings, company events and festivals.
- Maintain cleanliness: Keep your porta potty rentals in Chattanooga, TN clean! Events planned to run all day can benefit from several checks and cleans, but long-term rentals should be cleaned on a regular schedule to ensure cleanliness for event goers. Most portable toilet rental companies will offer a cleaning option or recommended cleaning schedule.
- Know how long the event will last: The longer the outdoor event, the more people will need to visit the john. Events lasting more than four hours should reserve two portable toilets per 100 people. Keep in mind the type of event, too. Weekend-long food and drink events and fairs may need more; a reunion party can survive a few hours with less.
Planning an outdoor event this spring or summer? Contact Pit Stop Portables for more information, or to reserve porta potty rentals in Chattanooga, TN!
Categorised in: porta potty