How to Determine How Many Portable Restrooms You Need to Rent
Are you planning a big event? Portable bathroom rentals in Chattanooga, TN might not be the first thing that comes to mind when putting together a large celebration or gathering—but it is an important thing to plan for! You especially need to make sure that you have enough porta potties to ensure all your guests are comfortable and taken care of. But how do you know how many bathrooms to rent?
Fortunately, there are many factors to help you determine how many porta potties you need to rent for your big event. Here are seven things to consider:
- Number of attendees: The first and most important question to ask yourself is this: how many people will be attending your big event? As a general rule of thumb, for a one-hour event, you will want to have two to four porta potties for every 500 people.
- Length of event: Of course, that number will be multiplied as the event gets longer, because porta potties can get pretty messy if they are overused over a long period of time. Basically, you will want to double your number for every extra hour (beyond one hour) the event is expected to last.
- Alcohol: If you have ever drank alcohol and found yourself using the restroom more than usual, then you understand that whether or not alcohol will be served is another important factor in determining your ideal number of portable bathroom rentals in Chattanooga, TN. If you plan on serving alcohol, it’s a good idea to order more restrooms.
- Activity level: If folks will be exercising a lot at your event—say, participating in a charity run, or dancing to live music—then they will be eating and drinking more as well, which will lead to more porta potty use. This is another sign you ought to rent more porta potties.
- Women in attendance: Have you ever noticed that, at big events, the women’s restroom line is almost always longer than the men’s line. Women generally take longer to use the restroom, meaning that if your event will have more women in attendance than men, you will want to rent more toilets.
- ADA considerations: Will you need to accommodate folks with physical disabilities at your event? It is always a good idea to have at least one ADA-accessible porta potty at your event—and in many states, it is also a legal requirement. Make sure your bases are covered so that your event is as inclusive as possible.
- More is better than less: Finally, it is important to remember that nobody’s first choice for a restroom is a porta potty. To keep your guests happy, it’s always a good idea to have more than enough porta potties at your event, so that the bathrooms stay nice and clean.
Do you have more questions about portable bathroom rentals in Chattanooga, TN? The friendly team at Pit Stop Portables is here to help! Give us a call today to learn more about our products and services.
Categorised in: porta potty